Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008! Famous Quotes for the New Year

In honor of the new calendar year. Here are a few of my favorite quotes about money, life and happiness:

"Stop waiting until you make enough money to do something you'd really love."-- Julia Cameron: The Artist's Way. p.7

"Forget yourself." --Henry Miller

Knowing others is wisdom
Knowing yourself is enlightenment" --Lao Tzu

"Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger." --Albert Camus

"Let it go. If it's bothering you, let it go." --Betsy Brown quoted in Wise Women by Joyce Tenneson. p. 64

"Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present."--Albert Camus

"Shut the iron doors on the past and the future. Live in Day-tight Compartments." --Dale Carnegie: How to Stop Worrying and Start Living p.14

"Deferred gratification means training yourself to think, I want it but I don't need it."-- Mike Summey and Roger Dawson in Weekend Millionaire Mindset p.31


"I was very low and I had to achieve something. Without the challenge, I would have gone stark raving mad." --J.K. Rowling

"I cut my hair and let it be natural--nappy. I let my own personality out."--Odetta p. 54 in Wise Women by Joyce Tenneson.

"Always leave enough time in your life to do something that makes you happy, satisfied, even joyous. That has more of an effect on economic well-being than any other single factor." --Paul Hawken

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment."-- Oprah Winfrey.

"You always pass failure on the way to success."-- Mickey Rooney

"Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand."-- Thomas Carlyle

"Who is rich? He who is happy with his lot."-- Ben Zoma as quoted in Ethics of our Fathers Chapter 4-1 (Pirkei Avos)

"Do not hurry the voyage at all
It is better to let it last for long years."--K.P. Kavafy (C.P. Cavafy) in the poem: Ithaca

"Don't spend a dollar when a dime will do." --Anthony L. Iaquinto and Stephen Spinelli Jr. in Never Bet the Farm p.45

"You have to start each day again--you can't repeat what you did." Marian Seldes quoted (p, 38) in Wise Women by Joyce Tenneson.

______________

Digg!

1 comment:

Kevin Surbaugh said...

I like the following quote from Comedian Tom Ryan


"Strange things happen when you're in debt. Two weeks ago my car broke down and my phone got disconnected. I was one electric bill away from being Amish."