Monday, June 23, 2008

Contest -- Wanted: Crazy Gas Stories for WLRN Radio Broadcast

Do you have a crazy gas story to share? How are you cutting back on gas consumption? The top three energy-saving stories will win a signed copy of my new book The Frugal Duchess: How to Live Well and Save, which was just released from DPL Press.

I'll announce the winning entries on WLRN, an NPR station, where I have been invited me to appear on Topical Currents on Wednesday, June 25 from 1-2 p.m. (EST). Hosted by Joseph Cooper, with Richard Ives as the producer, the program includes live phone calls and email questions. We'll also take a behind-the-scenes tour of my new book, which is part memoir and part how-to.

To enter the contest, send me an e-mail by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, June 24. I'll announce the winning entries on Topical Currents. I'm looking for creative stories with humor and concrete savings.

Tune in anywhere: Hit the "listen now" button on WLRN's website (http://www.wlrn.org/). If you're in the Miami area turn the station to 91.3 FM on the radio dial.

Leave a comment or send an email (sharonhr@bellsouth.net). Time permitting, I'll mention as many tips as possible, with credit. Thanks & Tune in.



1 comment:

MrTerry said...

Sharon,

I'm not entering your contest, but in my blog is a tip that may help your readers. While we used the described technique to save money on vacation, I also use it all the time locally.

It is posted on my blog at:
MrTerryCreditCardHelp.blogspot.com