Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Free WiFi Comments on CBS4

With my roaming laptop, I've tapped into a number of free WiFi locations. My favorite temporary-office locations include the Dunkin Donuts shop in my neighborhood, a Whole Foods grocery store in Coral Gables, area malls and airports. The following website -- www.wififreespot.com -- is great for tracking down free wireless connections in different states and cities.

My hunt for free wireless Internet connections was recently featured on CBS4 in Miami. This television report -- with a few warnings about Internet safety -- ran on June 21.



Here's a link to the report, which includes a print version and an online link to the news report. The news clip appears in the little video box next to the print version story. Click on the box, and the story will appear after a short 15-second commercial:

"Free Wi-Fi Just A Click Away CBS 4 - Miami,FL"


I'm grateful to consumer reporter Al Sunshine for including me in his news report. Special thanks to Donna Thomas, special projects producer, and John DuMontelle, news photographer. Thanks!

No comments: