Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Stashing a Can of Coke in the Company Frig Saves $140

A friend of mine skips past the vending machine where a can or bottle of Diet Coke is $1.25 per container. Instead, from home she brings a can of soda to work every day for a lot less. She purchases a case of soda from the grocery store for a fraction of the unit price charged by the vending machine. Every morning, she chills the can in the office frig until mid-afternoon when she needs a shot of caffeine.

Consider the numbers: Office Depot sells a case of Diet Coke for $12.99. For that price, you get 24 cans of 12-ounce soda for $12.99 or 54 cents a can. In five days, she saves: $3.55. For a one-month period, she saves: $14.20, which equals: $170.40 over a 12-month period.

Here are other Diet Coke prices:

Of course, instead of soda, juice or sports drinks, we could all drink free filtered water from the fountain or kitchen sink. Water is a healthier, no-calorie drink without preservatives, artificial flavors, sugar or sugar-substitutes.

______________

Here's how to buy my book:




@ Amazon.com
@ Barnes & Noble
@ Borders
@ Target.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bringing your own soda is something I've done for years, but I don't think I could keep it in the office fridge. In every office I've ever worked in items like sodas have a tendency of disappearing from the fridge. I just keep the sodas in my desk and fill a cup with ice when I'm ready for mine.