Friday, June 01, 2007

How I Fixed My Burnt Soup

I'm not much in the kitchen, but I make awesome soups. Today, however, I burnt the soup that I was making for a sick neighbor. Here's how I repaired the soup.

1. Stop stirring. I didn't want to stir the burnt bottom into the rest of the soup.

2. Switch pots, thereby leaving the burnt portion on the bottom.

3. I added lots of garlic, mustard and vinegar.

4. Diluted the broth with more water and tomato sauce.

5. Tossed in a large peeled potato. I let the potato cook in for a bit in order to remove the smoky flavor. When I removed the potato, my soup was less smoky. The potato absorbed the burnt flavor.

6. Renamed my soup. It's now smoky corn and tomato soup.
______________



Digg!

The Frugal Duchess Booktique
The Frugal Duchess of Beauty Store

Book Shop of Fear
The Poetry & Drama Queen
Frugal Jazz & Blues
Frugal Comic Book Connection
__

No comments: