Following the crime report, our neighborhood watch group has issued a few easy and low-cost safety tips. The last tip about background noise makes a lot of sense to me. I highly recommend a dog as well. Our dog is small-ish but he has a big bark and can seem menacing to strangers. (He's sweet to kids.)
Here are the tips:
- "Be sure to lock all doors and windows prior to leaving your home.
- If you have an alarm system, please make sure you turn it on and use it.
- If you plan to be away overnight, use timers on your lighting fixtures and stop your mail and newspaper deliveries.
- Ask a neighbor to keep an eye on your home when going out of town.
- Consider leaving a radio or television on when going out. The sound will give the impression that someone is home. "
The Frugal Duchess Booktique
The Frugal Duchess of Beauty Store
Book Shop of Fear
The Poetry & Drama Queen
Frugal Jazz & Blues
Frugal Comic Book Connection