Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekly Reading: My Favorite Links

From financial security to bill-paying options, personal finance blogs offered plenty to read this week. Here are a few posts that caught my eye:

From Dreaming of Money: What is Financial Peace for Me?
quote:
I was working every day from 8 in the morning until 9 in the evening. I was working half a day on Saturdays. What good would it do me to have all this money if I never had any time to enjoy it? I quit after a couple months and searched for something with less hours.
quote:

The New York Times article: Moving Soon to an Apartment Near You profiles 38 year old playwright Brooke Berman who has lived in more than 30 apartments in 20 years in New York.
quote:
While I still have a day job that I do for about 25 hours a week, I realized
that depending on only my weekly paycheck could be a recipe for disaster, so I
started thinking of other ways I could make money, and this is how I do it.
quote:

You’ve got too many bananas, mashed potatoes, eggs or zucchini, and the excess
is threatening to rot in your kitchen.


From Single Guy Money: How do you remember monthly bills?
quote:

I've been looking for a better way to remember when my monthly bills are due. I don't like having anything automatically deducted from my checking account and would rather keep track of when the bills are due and then pay via billpay or pay directly at the billers website.

No comments: