- Double bag: For coffee lovers, office java may taste weak, like coffee-flavored water. The solution use two bags or one and a half bags of the pre-measured ground coffee to make a single pot of coffee. The extra bag yields a stronger brew with more flavor and taste.
- Bring your own cream: Improve the flavor with half-and-half cream instead of powdered milk. You can even heat the milk or cream in the microwave for extra body and warmth.
- Sprinkle the spices: Vanilla, powdered cinnamon, nutmeg or a dash of chocolate add extra flavor.
- Bring your own mug: Forget the office-issued Styrofoam or paper cups. Coffee tastes better in a ceramic mug. I know a woman who stashes an elegant teacup and saucer at her desk for coffee breaks.
- Drink tea: Use the free hot water from the office and supply your own bags of herbal, green or gourmet tea.
- Say a prayer: Hold your nose, drink the coffee and mumble a prayer of thanksgiving: Thank goodness I have a job. Thank goodness for free coffee.
I enjoyed this article: How to Make Good Hotel Room Coffee. Here's a sample:
You're on the road, and you breathe a sigh of relief when you see that your hotel room has a coffee maker waiting for you. But when you go to brew a cup to enjoy in the privacy of your room, the product is quite...disappointing. Before you speed down to the local coffee shop and squander another fraction of what could be your retirement fund on a latte, try these tips and tricks for better hotel coffee.
--source: How to Make Good Hotel Room Coffee