Sunday, August 24, 2008

Come Visit Me: Frugal (Virtual) Trip to Miami Beach

Hey! Now that Tropical Storm Fay has finally left Florida, it's sunny in Miami Beach. So consider visiting me...I'm hanging out at a Wise Bread forum:

Here's what the the folks from Wise Bread mentioned:

"For this entire week (8/18- 8/24), Sharon Harvey Rosenberg (The Frugal Duchess) will be answering questions in our forum about blogging, personal finance, and her new book Frugal Duchess: How to Live Well and Save Money Anywhere "

So please top by, visit the forum and ask a question! Thanks!

______________

Here's how to buy my new book:



@ Amazon.com
@ Barnes & Noble
@ Borders
@ Target.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi from up the road in Ft. Lauderdale, :)

Although I read wise bread quiet often, I am not a member of their forum. Here is my 2 cents on the comment from the gentleman on: "As someone who lives in a large city do you find it hard to explain the concept of frugality to people? Do they look down upon the concept?"

Since Miami and Broward are (at least to me) one big giant city, I think sometimes it's hard and sometimes it's not. Some people I know are really into it and others look at me like I'm crazy.

I do think that living around here there is more added pressure to look fashionable, then I think in some towns. The whole SoBe/celebrity thing plays a big role in that. I think it is hard for some families because of the pressure to have the latest/greatest. There was an article last year in the Sun Sentinel about one girls spending. Everything her parents bought her was from Juicy Couture. I think they spent several thousand dollars. Completely ridiculous for someone going back to high school. But I also think it's the parents fault, but of course, that is another topic.

As for me, I happy when I find great cheap deals. Like yesterday, I found a pair of Born shoes at Marshalls that normally cost $120 or so for $20. I don't think you have to spend alot to look good. Well, that's my 2 cents.

Have a great day.

Debbie :)