Monday, December 11, 2006

Posts I liked Last Week

I've been reading about coin collecting, grocery strategies and stock-voting rights. One of the best perks about blogging is being connected into a network of smart people. Some of the best and well-read minds in the personal finance blogsphere are posted at pfblogs.org: A super news aggregate for info on real estate, personal finance, investments and frugal living.

Here's my weekly roundup of some of my favorite posts from other bloggers, with a caveat: I started teaching a new journalism class last week and therefore, my reading time has been contained. So of course, there's other good stuff out there, beyond my weekly roundup.

The Mighty Bargain Hunter has a thoughtful piece about state coin collecting programs. Hint: Fun coins to collect, but not a savvy financial investment.

1st Million at 33 featured an interesting piece about second-class shareholders at Google and other public companies. Frugal does a good job explaining how public shares aren't all created equally; some have 10 times the voting power of other classes of outstanding stock.

I liked the Simple Dollar's post linking weight-loss programs and debt loss. Diet and Debt.

2 million has an insightful post about establishing multiple income channels.

Molly's Brother on a Budget has a cute post on how to save more with everyday strategies. The piece offers his plan of segregating his shopping list into perishables and non-perishable items.

And I really, really enjoyed Frugal Girl's list of the best financial moves she has made.

PS. My own post about lessons I learned from a recent air flight and holiday packages is also decent.


_____________

Digg!
The Frugal Duchess Boutique
_____________

3 comments:

One Frugal Girl said...

Glad you liked the post. Thanks for the mention.

Anonymous said...

You may only be a Duchess when it comes to frugality, but you are a true queen when it comes to highlighting relevant posts in the blogosphere. A couple of weeks back when I took a little break, I was still reading your blog and following all your weekly recaps.

Thanks for the mention.

Frugal Duchess said...

One Frugal Girl and Molly's Brother:

Thanks so much for the thoughtful feedback. I really, really appreciate your comments.
Take care.