A Momma and the Boys Living on a Budget has an excellent post about sloppy money: My own list includes Windfall Retirement Fantasies.
Here's another list with signs of a financial daze or clueless money management.
1. Overstuffed wardrobe.Your closet is filled with new clothes with tags that you have forgotten about.
2. Unopened mail: You believe in the don't look/don't owe strategy of bill paying.
3. No-choice restaurant meals: You can't afford groceries so you charge restaurant meals on credit cards.
4. Minimum charge spending list: You shop on credit and buy more than you need or want because you don't have cash and have to buy enough to meet the minimum credit-card purchase amount.
5. Windfall Retirement Planning: You're not saving for retirement because you believe in found-money in the form of:1) a real estate sale or quick investment gains; 2) successful invention, deal or other sudden-rich move; 3) jackpot, successful lawsuit; 4) large cash gift from a relative or other one-time, special situation bonuses.
6. Unchecked credit score: It's bad, so why bother; why check? Why care?
I also wrote about signs of secret debt in this post.
The Frugal Duchess Booktique
The Frugal Duchess of Beauty Store
Book Shop of Fear
The Poetry & Drama Queen
Frugal Jazz & Blues
Frugal Comic Book Connection