Tuesday, September 05, 2006

10 Shady Excuses for My Shopping Spree

Why did I shop? Rationalization: Great Deal: 10 chic pieces for only $65 (total). Reality Check: I should have kept the money in the bank.

Inspired by a recent post from City Girl.

I needed Retail Therapy because:

10. I’m insecure and great clothes make me feel fabulous.

9. I’ve become a fashion victim

8. I’m a realist: There is no Social Security; my pension fund is lean/non-existent. Sooo…I will work forever, but I’ll look darn good!

7. Retailers are silly enough to sell summer clothes at steep discounts in Hot-hot Miami and I’m silly enough to buy soon-to-be outdated clothes.

6. I plan to give my cast-offs to charity.

5. I’m stuck in denial, depression and dirty laundry.

4. I want to teach my children a lesson in prudent shopping and patience. (Hey, I waited a long time for that skirt to drop from $60 to $14.88)

3. I need another reason to drain my anorexic savings account. The broken car wasn't enough.

2. I need a post for my blog and a story for my weekly newspaper column.

1. I want to write a cute story that will get lots of hits.

2 comments:

Single Ma said...

I can relate!

@ 9, 4, 3, 2, 1 LMAO!!

Frugal Duchess said...

Hey Girl:
Thanks for laughing. It means a lot.