Why did I shop? Rationalization: Great Deal: 10 chic pieces for only $65 (total). Reality Check: I should have kept the money in the bank.
Inspired by a recent post from City Girl.
I needed Retail Therapy because:
10. I’m insecure and great clothes make me feel fabulous.
9. I’ve become a fashion victim
8. I’m a realist: There is no Social Security; my pension fund is lean/non-existent. Sooo…I will work forever, but I’ll look darn good!
7. Retailers are silly enough to sell summer clothes at steep discounts in Hot-hot Miami and I’m silly enough to buy soon-to-be outdated clothes.
6. I plan to give my cast-offs to charity.
5. I’m stuck in denial, depression and dirty laundry.
4. I want to teach my children a lesson in prudent shopping and patience. (Hey, I waited a long time for that skirt to drop from $60 to $14.88)
3. I need another reason to drain my anorexic savings account. The broken car wasn't enough.
2. I need a post for my blog and a story for my weekly newspaper column.
1. I want to write a cute story that will get lots of hits.