Sunday, September 17, 2006

Maria Sharapova: Her Financial Racket

Maria Sharapova joins the Money Isn't Everything Club.

She’s 19 and worth millions, but according to a tennis profile in the Miami Herald, Maria Sharapova, (Russian tennis superstar/supermodel) is just a “normal” teen, albeit a teen with $7 million from professional tennis matches and another $19 million in endorsement deals.


"But no matter how much money I have, no matter what cool car or house I have, I'm still Maria, a normal girl who likes to laugh with friends,” Sharapova said in the Herald piece.


Her portfolio includes:

The Entourage: 13 handlers

The Dress: black designer tennis dress

The House: Southern California
waterfront home

The Car: Range Rover

The Celeb buddies: Recently met Usher at an awards ceremony and Justin Timberlake on The David Letterman Show.

The Shock:

''It's crazy,'' said Sharapova in the Herald profile. ``Three years ago, when I went to L.A., I stayed at the Summer Suites and now I have this beautiful glass house. Every time I walk into it, I can't believe I own it. Sometimes I drive around the driveway instead of going right to the garage just so I can look at the front of the house. Every time I'm driving my car, I can't believe it's mine. Honestly, I'm in shock.''

No comments: