Frugal Fanny saves about 20 percent of her income a month and lives very well, with a frugal twist. Her husband is a stay-at-home dad. She was recently featured at MSN by columnist MP Dunleavey.
Dunleavey has put together a helpful and engaging profile about Fanny's Six Tips. My paraphrase, with a link below:
1) Shun debt as much as possible (nix: credit cards, equity loans, etc,)
2) Remember the real bottom line: use money to enhance your life.
3) Forget deprivation (my personal favorite)
4) Avoid money traps: malls, food courts
5) Think twice about bulk purchases
6) Don’t try to keep pace with your neighbors (frugal, spendthrift or otherwise).
Here’s a link to the full text about Frugal Fanny