Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Frugal Sports Quote: Ben Wallace & The Bulls.

"I wanted to pass like Magic, jump like Mike, shoot like Bird and cover the ball like Zeke," says Ben Wallace. "But none of that worked out so I decided to play defense and rebound." --GQ November 2006 issue


As an avid Miami Heat fan, I'm bummed about the World Champions 42-point loss to the Chicago Bulls.

Led by D-Wade and Shaq, The Heat seem to play hard only for the post-season run, while coasting in the 82-game regular season. But I have to give props to the Baby Bulls. They showed up to play at AAA (American Airlines Arena) during the 2006 NBA season opener.

Meanwhile, Ben Wallace -- formerly a center from the Detroit Pistons -- wins my award for the most re-invented sports figure.

Once again, here's that Ben Wallace quote from the November issue of GQ magz.

"I wanted to pass like Magic, jump like Mike, shoot like Bird and cover the ball like Zeke," says Ben Wallace. "But none of that worked out so I decided to play defense and rebound." --CQ November 6 issue



My frugal/personal finance/business application: Be real about your limitations and strengths. Take an honest inventory of your assets and adjust your spending and strategy. Focus on the bottom line.

In Rule #1, the best-selling book about investments, the author makes the same point:
Invest your money based on what you know. Play to your strengths.

No comments: