Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Festival of Frugality: Diverse Paths to Extra Money

With tips about freebies, college work-study programs and painless budgeting, The 65th Festival of Frugality is up and running. It's a well-organized roundup with witty transitions and lots of diversity. I've bookmarked a few of the stories. Here are some of my favorites:

I enjoyed the English Major's post on buying coupons on eBay.

I also liked The Free Geek's tips about freebies: The Geek’s Guide to Getting Free Stuff.

Living Almost Large has a super item about how she makes money from steeply discounted items at IKEA. She assembles then sells and writes about her efforts in: Best money savings (making!) deal.

I read with interest: Getting to Graduation: Going to College Without Student Loans. Let's hear a college cheer for work-study programs!

Sarah of Wise Bread has an insightful post: How to follow a budget without breaking down in tears.

Thanks so much to the host for taking the time and energy to assemble the festival, which included a wide field of posts. I'm happy to be included in the line-up. I have a tough act to follow next week, when FOF moves here for the week. Please help me get my act together by submitting early.

In the buttons section of my sidebar, there is a link to the Carnival sites. Look for the Festival Frugality and submit your article. Also I plan to post a direct link to the Festival submission form later this week.
Thanks.
______________

Digg!
The Frugal Duchess Booktique
The Frugal Duchess of Beauty Store
Book Shop of Fear
The Poetry & Drama Queen
Frugal Jazz & Blues

__

2 comments:

G.P. said...

the submit form for this carnival doesnt seem to be working. How can i submit to the next carnival?

Thanx
GP in Montana

Frugal Duchess said...

I've posted a direct link to the form on March 16.
I hope that helps.