Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Jessica Biel Gets Frugal Exercise

Walking is one of the cheapest, easiest and healthiest forms of exercise. It's a work-out enjoyed by Jessica Biel in this recent photo from Us magazine:
"Jessica "The Bod" Biel takes a four-legged friend for a low-key walk in Los Angeles." --Us Magazine

I walk about one mile daily, sometimes more. Here are 10 reasons why I enjoy walking:

  1. I don't need to buy fancy or expensive equipment. (I buy great athletic shoes on sale. My Reeboks, for example, were purchased at a BOGO-half off sale at Macy's. )
  2. No gym needed.
  3. Walking fits into small time slots of the day.
  4. I can walk and accomplish other tasks and errands. The Post Office is a half-mile from my home. Buying stamps is an easy way to log in a mile.
  5. Walking is meditative.
  6. Walking is the cheapest form of transportation.
  7. A stroll is good for the heart and easy on the joints.
  8. I can walk alone or in groups.
  9. It's a fun exercise to do with kids.
  10. I don't need to enroll in a class, watch a tape or hire a personal trainer.
    ______________

    Digg!

    The Frugal Duchess Booktique
    The Frugal Duchess of Beauty Store
    Book Shop of Fear
    The Poetry & Drama Queen
    Frugal Jazz & Blues

    __

1 comment:

domestika said...

Agreed completely, Sharon. I love to walk - it clears my mind and lifts my spirits at the end of a busy day. The fact that walking can be done anywhere, practically anytime, with no special equipment, makes it the ultimate in thrifty exercise programs, too.