Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Post-it on Fiscal Money Drains

I’m on a real big kick to trim the fat from my fiscal diet. So I just loved this post from the Mighty Bargain Hunter on 15 ways to save $15 dollars

My favorites from his list: drinking water (on rare nights in restaurants), canceling subscriptions you don't use and opting for a sink filter instead of bottled water.

And the comments following the post have great tips also.

As for me, I’m on a kick to reduce the energy charge in my house.

It’s the little leaks: speakers, radios and printers. Even when "off" and unused those item are still draining dollars from my sockets, especially the little gadgets with those little “off” lights. Real Simple did a recent piece about energy drains: the annual cost for plugged-in (but unused) gadgets is about $175, according to an article in that magazine.

So I've been running around my house pulling out plugs and turning off wall worts (multi-outlet units).

1 comment:

Kevin Surbaugh said...

seems like he deleted that entry for some reason. Sounds like it would have been a good one to read.