Thursday, August 10, 2006

Post-Thanksgiving Shopping in August!

December shopping before LABOR DAY? Does that sound absurd?

Actually, some of my frugal friends love to do their winter holiday shopping during the summer months. Lulu, for example, likes to save money by shopping year-round for presents.

In that fashion, she can stretch out her holiday budget and purchase gifts as the mood and the price move her.

Lulu stockpiles gifts in the garage or a closet and really, really tries to focus on finding the right gift for each person on her list.

She's not alone. That idea was recently touted in a current issue of a magazine. [I will look for the publication.]

Back-to-school promotions -- especially with the tax holidays in different states -- represent a great time to pick up trinkets, clothes, and paper goods for less. I also like the end-of-season sales that arrive with August.

I once purchased a cute jacket from Ann Taylor Loft for $15....reduced down from $105. I wear the jacket often and constantly receive compliments on the item.

So forget Black Friday! Let other people fight the Post-Thanksgiving crowds. I'll take the leftovers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love shopping for gifts year-round. Spreads the joy of planning for other people's joy around the year, and keeps me from having panic about what to get people in December.

Frugal Duchess said...

We're on the same page! The Holiday season can be so stressful.


I tend to make un-frugal financial decisions when I feel harried or pressed for time.

Thanks for your comment. How's the apartment?

Take care!