Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Frugal Couple Selling Car to Cut Debt

Today I received this note from Sally of Through a Glass Darkly. She's selling her car. Here's her story:


In our march onward out of debt, Dan and I are selling my 2003 Saturn Ion 3. We never drive more than one car at a time now that we live in Midtown Atlanta, so it doesn't make sense to keep both of our cars. My car works and looks great, so I would never consider selling it if we weren't serious about dumping our debt. (I'm so sad, but it is for the best.)

If you know people in the greater Georgia area who might be in the market for a perfectly functioning, attractive used car at a great price, please forward this email or send them to my page about my car. It has all the specs and photos.


Earlier this year, I wrote a piece about ditching the car. Here's the link to that post.

A close friend of mine has survived for years with just one family car in a very busy household. The family has saved a fortune and used the savings to live well in other areas and to increase their net worth.

I don't drive, but I save lots by using public transportation and my feet. (I also carpool and rely on cabs). Those are cheap forms of transportation and I get lots of exercise.



____________

Digg!

The Frugal Duchess Boutique
____________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the post, Sharon!

But you are due for some driving lessons. . . . ;)

Frugal Duchess said...

Oh yeah...the driving thing. ;( I actually called a driving school last week.

oh well, one day