Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Recycled Fashion with Supermodel Kate Moss

Supermodel and style icon Kate Moss is always well turned out. I love her style: understated and very elegant. Between designer freebies, clothes loans, fashion industry perks and her own shopping sprees, Moss has a seemingly unlimited supply of clothes.

Therefore, I enjoyed seeing Moss featured in the "I Really Love My..." section of People magazine, in which Paparazzi snapped Moss recently wearing the same tunic shirt in different settings. It was quite a fashion statement: Equal doses of creativity, frugality and attitude go a long way in the fashion recycling business.

"NAVY TUNIC

The ever-stylish Kate Moss gets the most out of her velvet bow-trimmed navy tunic by pairing it with shorts and skinny pants while out and about in N.Y.C. and London.
source: People Online"



What's more, People magazine provides a link to a store, Forever21.com which features a $16 look-a-like version of the shirt worn by Moss. Honestly, the look-a-like is not as cute, but it works.

I have a little black YSL Bolero jacket -- a hand-me down from a wealthy friend-- that I wear everywhere from Miami Heat games to black-tie parties. Of course, I'm no Kate Moss, but my little multi-tasking black jacket serves me well.

In fact, I'm wearing that designer jacket in the head shot on my blog.


Here are links to a few of my favorite frugal fashion sites or blogs.

The Cheap Chica

Diva on a Dollar

The Budget Fashionista

Frugal Fashionista


_____________

Digg!

The Frugal Duchess Boutique
___________

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi sharon, thanks for the mention!