Monday, January 15, 2007

Single Ma's Great Tribute to MLK & My Other Favorite Post-its

Single Mom has a great tribute to Martin Luther King. I didn't see her version until after I posted mine. Kudos to Single Ma...Right on time, with a great post!

Binary Dollar has some solid tips for cutting energy costs. I like the binge ironing tip and the computer shutdown reminder.

Money Smart Life provides super tips for eating out without spending a fortune.

I like the tip about splitting large portions. I've been taking my kids out for one-on-one dates with Mom. The portions have been huge and we've been saving a lot by sharing servings: soup, salad, main course, dessert and smoothies. Lots of food 4 less.

Young and Broke offers the latest Carnival of Personal Finance. Lots of good reading.

Flexo at Consumerism Commentary posted some thoughtful comments on re-thinking the Latte Factor. His argument: Sweat less over the small things; target the big-ticket items. Great piece. I'm a small-change woman, but Flexo makes valid points.

My Open Wallet has a cute post about the itch to spend and her recent I-want-this list.

Wise Bread provided this insightful piece about the Shrinking Stigma on store brands.

_______________

Digg!

The Frugal Duchess Boutique
_____________

No comments: