Recently MSN featured an insightful piece about lies we tell our spouses about money.
But what about self-deception?
Here’s my list of 10 lies I tell the face in the mirror:
1. This purchase will pay for itself.
2. Sometimes, girl, you have to spend money to save money.
3. I’ll work overtime to pay for it.
4. I’ll save double next month.
5. It’s only money. How can you put a price tag on personal freedom and expression?
6. I’m having fun; don’t look at the bill.
7. I’ll be so rich by the time the payment is due.
8. It’s a long-term investment.
9. I'm not spoiled. I just need it now!
10. This will never go out of style.