Sunday, February 18, 2007

Favorite Post-its: Links I Like From Last Week

I wish that I had more time to read blogs. Some posts really educate and entertain me. This week, for example, I picked up insights about fortune-shaping childhoods and mind-shaping public libraries. Here are just a few of the posts that I have enjoyed reading.

One Money Dummy has a cute post about recent shopping finds at an estate sale. I appreciated the shopping reality check featured in this post. Before making a purchase, this blogger asked a very smart question about the merchandise.
"Since I had nothing better to do this morning, I hit a couple of estate sales. It was the second day of each, so of course the really hot stuff was gone, but I still got these dishes (combined from different sales) for 2.75 and the necklace for a buck..."


I loved the Simple Dollar's recent post about libraries. I enjoyed this item because it features some of my favorite uses for the public library: free Internet service, garden cafe, DVDs & CDs. It's a great resource.

"A good local library is worth its weight in gold. It’s a place where you can check out thousands of books for free and read them to your heart’s content. Yet most libraries offer much, much more than that also for free."


Get Rich Slowly has a very engaging conversation about parents, childhood and lessons about money. I loved reading about Sparky & Stew. I value this post because it provides insights into how our parents & childhood experiences shape our views about money.

"I had dinner with two friends from high school last night. We shared good wine, good food, and, especially, good conversation. Much of our discussion focused on our shared history: the things we did twenty years ago (or 25!) that now seem as if they might have been done by a stranger. (Yet those strangers were us.) We talked about how we perceived money when we were younger."


One Frugal Girl has a thoughtful post about her frugal classes at a university. I liked reading this post because I've also enjoyed several inexpensive classes at universities and colleges, including different poetry seminars and other workshops.

"So far the classes have been a fairly inexpensive way to learn something new and meet new people."

_____________

Digg!


The Frugal Duchess Booktique
The Frugal Duchess of Beauty Store
Book Shop of Fear
The Poetry & Drama Queen
Frugal Jazz & Blues

__

No comments: