"People are saving at the lowest level since the Great Depression, and that could be a problem for the millions of baby boomers getting ready to retire." source: Associated Press
I'm a younger baby boomer (48) and I see myself in those figures. I'm frugal now, but I wasn't for way too many years.
My Top 5 Bogus Reasons for Not Saving More
1) I thought I would be 29 forever.
reality: Ha! Every birthday since my 30th has been a wake up call.
2) I thought I would be rich by 35.
reality: Get real; Get over yourself.
3) I felt so behind in savings that I figured: Why bother?
reality: Despair is a dangerous money pit. Climb out with baby steps.
4) I was too busy paying bills to save more.
reality: Always pay yourself first.
5) I was too disorganized to create a plan.
reality: If I could find the time to exercise, I could have found the time to get organized. Fiscal and Physical fitness are important.
The Frugal Duchess Booktique
The Frugal Duchess of Beauty Store
Book Shop of Fear
The Poetry & Drama Queen
Frugal Jazz & Blues