I'm curious about the process other bloggers, publishers and website operators use to pick ads. Just like a stock picker can select investments that fit a certain ethical & social & economic agenda, I try to select ads that fit the frame of my blog.
For example, I run a blog about frugal beauty tips. Given that editorial view point, should I run ads for expensive skin care products? Likewise, on this blog, I've nixed ads for gambling and other "free" you-will-lose-money-for-sure promotions. Ditto for Viagra ads and assorted really-don't-try-this-at-home products.
But it's not always so clear cut & I'm curious about the procedures other writers use for handling advertising. Here are my questions:
1) Do you have any choice about the ads on your blog(s)? Do you exercise that choice?
2) If so, how do you decide which ads to accept and which to nix?
3) Do you think readers care about the types & quantity of ads on your site?
4) Do you ever feel uncomfortable about the ads on your site vs. the content you create?
5) Do you just leave it up to readers to sort through the ads?
Comments are appreciated: Sharonhr@bellsouth.net or please leave a note in the comment section. Thanks!
The Frugal Duchess Booktique
The Frugal Duchess of Beauty Store
Book Shop of Fear
The Poetry & Drama Queen
Frugal Jazz & Blues